My experience with Twitter is limited to the requirements for class. I do not have a personal Twitter account because I still don't really understand how to use it/what the purpose is; therefore, I don't really like it. For the purposes of this class I have learned a lot of information about our state. I follow the Florida Board of Education's twitter account. They post about a teacher of the week or county of the week, so I know about more local events from places where I don't live. I would consider that a benefit of using Twitter. My only issue is remembering to post on a weekly basis because I do not use regularly.
I learned a lot of new skills from the Web Page Design Assignment. Before this assignment I had never made a webpage before, so I would say that everything is a new skill. It took a little bit of time to learn the mechanics of the weebly but once I figured out the basics it was pretty easy to use. I can improve upon this next time by just making a better site. Now that I know how everything works I can experiment with more advanced skills. This assignment will definitely be helpful in my future career because most teachers are required to have a class website, so weebly might be the website that I actually use in the future. I will post a link to my website in the discussion board tonight :)
Diigo is a tool similar to Weebly. Prior to this class, I had never heard of Diigo. Having the ability to annotate articles without printing them out is pretty helpful and ecologically friendly. This tool can be used in high school English or Social Studies classes. If there is a research paper, students can use Diigo on their own or if there is a group research project they can use it together and share their information/annotations. I can use Diigo in my professional career if I decide to get a PhD. and need a bajillion resources to write my dissertation.
Monday, March 5, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ILP 2 Design-Piktochart https://create.piktochart.com/output/29633865-eme-2040-ilp-2 I created an Infographic using Piktochart. The inte...
-
ILP 2 Design-Piktochart https://create.piktochart.com/output/29633865-eme-2040-ilp-2 I created an Infographic using Piktochart. The inte...
-
I would say that my prior experiences using technology is limited. I have had a smartphone and laptop for many years, so I know the basics. ...
-
The Flipped Classroom refers to the way that new material is taught to the classroom. In a flipped classroom, students learn the new materia...
If you are planning to get a PhD degree, diigo may not be the best tool to managing all the journal articles that you will be reading. Professional reference management tools like EndNote, Mendeley are better choices.
ReplyDelete