The Flipped Classroom refers to the way that new material is taught to the classroom. In a flipped classroom, students learn the new material at home at their own pace. Then when they come to class, the teacher answers any questions they have and the teacher can highlight any additional information she thinks need to be highlighted. Afterwards the teacher can do a more interactive activity or discussion to support the material that the students already know.
https://www.nyu.edu/faculty/teaching-and-learning-resources/strategies-for-teaching-with-tech/flipped-classes/the-flipped-class-demystified.html
Before this podcast I didn't know about Open Education. After hearing the podcast and doing more research I think it is very cool! More Open Education classes can allow people who can't afford to go to college continue to learn. Just because you don't get credit from a college, you can still add it to your resume and life skills. Open Education is a form of education that has adapted to the increasing technological advances and I think it is going to become more and more popular.
https://sparcopen.org/open-education/
Through the PowerPoint assignments, I perfected some skills that I hadn't used in a while and I also learned some new skills. I learned about the Slide Master tool, and while I am still a little confused about it, but at least I know what it is (which I couldn't say 3 weeks ago). I learned about the animation tools in my middle school computer class but haven't really used them in while, so these assignments were a nice refresher. The only thing I didn't like about the assignments was that I thought they were very similar, so it was difficult to create 2 different presentations.
Monday, April 2, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ILP 2 Design-Piktochart https://create.piktochart.com/output/29633865-eme-2040-ilp-2 I created an Infographic using Piktochart. The inte...
-
ILP 2 Design-Piktochart https://create.piktochart.com/output/29633865-eme-2040-ilp-2 I created an Infographic using Piktochart. The inte...
-
I would say that my prior experiences using technology is limited. I have had a smartphone and laptop for many years, so I know the basics. ...
-
The Flipped Classroom refers to the way that new material is taught to the classroom. In a flipped classroom, students learn the new materia...
Open education provide great opportunity for us. Today, the only thing that impedes our learning probably is our own motivation.
ReplyDeleteThe two assignments were targeting on different aspects. A5 focuses on an actual lecture presentation while A6 focuses on the interactive features of the PowerPoint.